( pictures courtesy of www.bikramyoga.com)
Bikram Yoga isnt just a place on [google it]
But its more like a brand of yoga practice requiring the methods to follow procedures.
You dont work at McDonalds and say "hey, today I'll make a new dish, just for this branch"
You will be sacked.
So for those practicing Bikram Yoga as beginners, there are 26 postures in class to follow. They were not just plucked out of the air. Er...names in yellow are the sanskrit names of each posture.
1. Standing deep breathing - Pranayama
2. Half moon and hands to feet pose - Ardha Chandrasana and Pada-hastasana
3. Awkward pose - Utkatasana
4. - Eagle pose -Garurasana
5. Standing head to knee pose - Dandayamana - JanuShirasana
6. Standing bow pulling Dandayamana - Dhanurasana
7. Balancing stick Tuladandasana
8. Standing separate leg Dandayamana - Bibhaktapada - Paschimottanasana
9. Triangle pose Trikanasana
10. Standing separate leg head to knee Dandayamana - Bibhaktapada - Janushirasana
11. Tree pose - Tadasana
12. Toe stand -Padangustasana
13. Dead body -Savasana
14. Wind removing pose- Pavanamuktasana
15. Sit up
17. Locust -Salabhasana
18. Full locust Poorna - Salabhasana
19. Bow -Dhanurasana
20. Fixed firm Supta - Vajrasana
21. Half tortoise Ardha - Kurmasana
22. Camel Ustrasana
23. Rabbit -Sasangasana
24. Head to knee Janushirasana with Paschimottanasana
25. Spine twisting Ardha - Matsyendrasana
26. Blowing in firm Khapalbhati