Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Decided to walk to the office as much as I could

I may have mentioned in a previous post that my office is only about 3-4 km away. I've decided to take advantage of this by walking to work.

1. I can take it as daily exercise. Hey walking a total of 7 km a day would be good wont it?

2. I can save not so much on petrol, but on maintenance. The other day I had to send the bikey in for a fork repair. If you dont know what that is, the bike fork is basically the front suspension beams and they look like tuning forks. To just replace the broken seals and oil change cost me RM 280. Yes thats right.
Translate that, its worth 2666 km of mileage.


However the disadvantages:

1. Some days I need to go for meetings and well, in Banting it is impossible to get public transportation. In fact, it is unheard of. This is why Malaysians NEED cars/bikes to get around.
I cant very well walk 22km to get to the meeting venue.

2. So all in all, I may only get to walk to work two times a week. Anyhoo, thats more walking than most Malaysians do in a month.

No comments: