Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Red Velvet Cake
Buttermilk 1 cup
(or 1 cup of fresh milk + 1 table spoon apple/white vinegar)
Cake Flour 2 1/2 cup
(or 5 tsp corn flour + the rest with all purpose flour)
Cocoa Powder 2tbsp
Baking powder 1tsp
Butter 1/2 cup
Sugar 1 1/2 cup
Baking soda 1 tsp
Vanilla essence 1 tsp
Red colouring 2 oz
1. mix milk with vinegar and set aside.
2. sift flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and set aside
3. mix butter and sugar till smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time. Do not over beat.
4. add baking soda making sure there are no lumps.
5. add in milk and fold in the flour alternatively. Milk Flour Milk Flour Milk
6. add vanilla essence and red coloring. I prefer just 1 to 1.5 oz of colouring. But if too little coloring added the cake will turn brownish.
Bake at 170degrees for 40 minutes and check every few minutes after this to see if knife comes out clean. Important not to over bake this one.