Monday, July 20, 2009

Glory Glory Man United

As the Reds go marching ON ON ON!

Superb!
Fantastic!
Amazing

.....Are some of the words I could use to sum up the game involving Manchester United and Malaysia XI on Saturday. To say I am a fan of Man Utd would be an understatement. To say I am a die hard fan would be more appropriate.

In 1996 my father took to me to see my first Manchester United Game. Back then I was only 11 and guess what, the Bukit Jalil National Stadium was not yet built. Red Devils opted to play against Red Giants. I was a Selangor Dharul Ehsan fan and I didnt even know the English played football! LOL

A month or so later the English Premier league started and Manchester United were to play against Liverpool. Some infamous player by the name of Eric Cantona made a return after being suspended for 2 years for kicking a person of the audience. The game ended in a 2-2 draw but from that day I knew which team I would be supporting for many more years to come.

No comments: