Just need to type this out, in case I lose it somewhere, I have a habit of losing things.
1. sodium molybdate (1 g) dissolved in 4 N Hydrochloric acid (1o ml) - Solution A
2. hydrazine monohydrochloride (0.1 g) dissolved in water (10 ml) - solution B
3. Both solutions are mixed and heated on a boiling water bath for 5 mins.
4. on cooling, the mixture is made up to 100 ml with distilled water.
1. dissolve 20 mg of orcinol in 10 ml of 70% sulphuric acid (conc 98%) (20 ml acid, 8 ml H20)
2. solution to be kept in 4 degree C for 4 days only.
3. prepare the sulphuric acid dilution in an ice bath to ensure the vial remains cool.
***4 N HCL***
d (HCl stock) = d1
% HCl stock = p
(d1 . p/100)/mw HCl= M
Volume of HCl used = 4N*1000 ml/ M